Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Be careful with diet pills

by Eduardo Lorenzo


A friend of mine passed this article on to me from the New York Times and I thought that I should share it with any one who has or is currently taking any type of thermogenic, energy pill or fat burner. If you know me well enough then you would know that I've never been a huge supporter of diet pills, or any other extreme method available for weight loss.


Yeah, caffeine might be good for you in moderation, and there are some studies about the benefits of having caffeine before a training session; I sure have my cup almost every morning. But as far as fat burners are concerned, I've never really been a big fan. Some of my friends are professional bodybuilders, models, athletes, etc. and some of them have tried and still use some fat burners; some say it gives them an edge some complain it makes them feel jittery, nauseous and sketchy… I don’t want to go through that. So the issue is, are they safe? Well let’s use Hydroxycut as our example.


If you are not familiar with Hydroxycut, it is just another brand of fat burners and weight loss supplements and they have recently had some of their products pulled from store shelves because the FDA has received 23 reports of significant adverse health effects in people that have used Hydroxycut products, including tissue and liver damage, a liver transplant, heart problems and a possible death. 14 of their products have been recalled…hmmm… almost makes me speechless.


Obviously if you have been taking or are currently taking any of these weight loss and energy boosting products then you must stop immediately! Be sure to consult your physician if you experience any symptoms or side effects!


My concern is, that if you are trying these products it’s because everything else you have tried has either failed or you just don’t have a clear direction of how to reach your goals. Worst yet I worry you might jump into the next rip off gadget or weight loss fantasy program and end up either broke, sick and disappointed.


I realize all of us have our own reasons why we want to be in shape, look good, feeling good and be healthy. So if you are truly committed to reaching your goals do yourself a favor, contact me and let’s schedule your FREE fitness and nutrition consultation.


By working together and utilizing my unique and effective ways of training, through my APFIT Program along with sound nutritional guidelines, WE CAN AND WILL ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS!


My commitment to you is that I’ll create a solid integrated fitness plan tailored to your specific needs and help you all through the way to achieve your results and help you learn what you need to do to keep them and make it a part of your lifestyle.


Author: Eduardo Lorenzo, NASM-CPT specializes in sports performance, injury prevention, corrective exercises, physique enhancement, Boot Camp and weight loss programs.

No comments: